Thursday, September 23, 2010

Disappointment....

We have been looking for a home for the past 3 years.  Yes, 3 years.  We moved here 3 years ago, with the intention of purchasing a house the first year.  Thus living only 1 year in an apartment.  God laughed, and well.... one more year in an apartment.  Same thing the next year.  But through this all, we've been looking at houses, and finally, we found what seemed like THE. PERFECT. HOUSE.  So we emailed our agent, I drove past, and we officially looked at it last night.  It was built in 1900, old farm house, built on 1.3 acres, surrounded by farms.  We drove up, and I completely fell in love.  So did my husband.  Great, right?  Yeah, not so much.  The foundation in the corner is crumbling, and there's something in the roof/attic that makes the ceiling upstairs bow downward.  Both of those things make the house not. so. perfect.  :(  So we looked at another house, on an acre, but it's a manufactured home, and it doesn't have much storage.  And I'm a freak about storms, like I am obsessed with basements.  So for me to go from "must have basement" to "sure, we can live in a manufactured house, aka doublewide, with no safe place during a storm, oh, and by the way, our house is actually dropping in price every day we live in it!" is kind of a huge deal. 

What we're dealing with right now, is that I cannot see ourselves living in any of the homes we can afford for more than 5-10 years.  They're tiny.  And while that doesn't bother me, I just can't deal with no basement for longer than that- I will go crazy.  But, it will force us to live more simply- that's for dang sure!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment