Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday's Fragments

* Today was my son's Thanksgiving Feast at his school.  How cute was it to see 75 kindergarten children in their turkey hats!  I'd post a picture, but I'm not cool with my son's picture posted all over the internets!  Suffice it to say, it was the most adorable thing ever!!  :)  They had pumpkin pie, cranberry jello, and cornbread- each made by one of the classes!  It was so funny though, because they came in, sat down, and 15 minutes later, they were gone!  One of the other moms made a comment that she wished her Thanksgiving could be so fast!  :)  I agree!!

* I'm struggling through Chelsea Lately's latest book.  I don't understand her appeal at. all. She's kind of like Oprah to me, I don't like them, and I feel like I should but I don't, and I can't make myself.  So I just kind of ignore them, and every so often I'll try again, and still won't like them.

* My job is going well.  :)  I like it a lot, and I'm keeping up with the people who have been there longer than me.  I'm also doing way better than the guy who was hired the same time as me- which is good.  :)  I've been doing line, and it takes him 30 min. to bowl out a flat.  In that same time, I can bowl out about a flat and a half, if not 2.  Last time we both bowled, I ended up taking 1 of his overloaded flats and bowling it out for him- in the same amount of time it took him to unload 1 underloaded flats.  I'm definitely still hoping they'll keep me there after the holidays, which is looking pretty likely!  Whoo!!

* I've GOT to get cracking on Christmas presents.  At least write down what I want to get people, so that I can start making them, and getting them wrapped.  We're coming up on about a month until Christmas!  Argh!!  Which scares me- I have to finish more than 1 project a week in order to get presents done for people.  I promise, next year, I'll be more organized!  Yeah, right, I say that every year.  And every year, I fail! (Or at least not do as well as I could!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment