Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

With Thanksgiving coming up soon, I've been counting my blessings.  Moreso now than ever.  I'm coming up on 2 years of being cancer free.  I was diagnosed with Stage 1A uterine cancer on December 2, 2008, and had a complete hysterectomy along with ovary and lymph node removal on Dec. 28, 2008.  I decided that I didn't want to wait, and have it grow/get worse if I waited.  Ever since then, I've been having a follow up every 3 months, and after this last time I can start finally going every 6 months.  Yay!  But I'm so grateful that I'm healthy, and it was caught so soon, and I don't have to worry about it anymore (even though I know I always will!).  I get to watch my son grow up, and I'm looking forward to sitting on the front porch swing with my husband when we are both old and gray.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment